USC University Club
Los Angeles, CA
GC: Swinerton Builders
SERVICES: Wood Window Restoration
Wood Door Restoration
Architectural Woodwork Restoration
This historic brick Italian Romanesque style building designed by Hibbard, Gerity and Kerton was originally built in 1923 as the University Branch of the Los Angeles Public Library. It served as the main library for USC students until the Doheny Memorial Library was opened in 1932. USC bought the library from the city in 1956, and since then it has housed USC’s Education Library, East Asian Library and Center for Health Policy. The building recently underwent a complete interior renovation and had an addition built as it was converted into the USC University Club (a member’s only club and restaurant for faculty, trustees, staff, researchers, post-doc students and USC Associates).
K. C. Restoration’s was responsible for the restoration of the historic woodwork in the original building, including wood windows, doors and trusses.
Check out a time lapse video of the addition construction